Bamboozle 2012. The arrow is my sorority [Pi Beta Phi]’s official symbol!
1. Your name, age, and city/town, tumblr link:
My name is Ashley, I’m 18 going on 19, originally from a small town in southern CT, and my tumblr link is www.who-gives-a-flux.tumblr.com.
2. Top 3 favorite bands:
They change all the time, but I’d have to go with My Chemical Romance, Before Their Eyes, and The Plot in You.
3. What you do in the music industry/what you would like to do.
I’m still getting a feel for my exact niche, but I recently interned with the Artist Relations department at the 17th Annual Gathering of the Vibes here in CT. I’ve had experience doing basic booking & promotions, but I really love putting on events, and having the experience as such a renown festival definitely pushed me towards production and artist relations.
4. If you go to a college, what do you study? Do you like it?
I currently attend Syracuse University as a part of the Bandier Program for Music & Entertainment Industries. I can not put into words how much I ADORE this program! Bandier is not your average music business major. It is an interdisciplinary major that is all about music, technology, and entrepreneurship. We have a weekly lecture from music industry giants [the social media director for Keith Urban, the artist relations dept. head from Turntable.FM, various booking/publicity agencies, etc.] and the program also offers semesters in Los Angeles and London. You start off with basic classes, but as you progress further into your college career, your classes become more and more specific to the major. Such a small class of only 25 kids a year ensures great connections and excellent networking for the future.
5. Any other fun facts you would like to add, + links to your work!
- At Warped 2011 I went on a tour bus for the first time, just for an hour or so, not a stint on the tour like Natalie did - I wish!] while volunteering with Substream Magazine.
- I did my first stage dive at a Fireworks/Such Gold/Polar Bear Club show last October.
- Currently, I blog for 20 Watts at www.20wattsmag.com.
- I street team for Equal Vision Records and help out with volunteer/street team positions wherever possible.
- My program paid for me to go to South by Southwest 2012 and holy crap it was awesome.
- I’m a member of Pi Beta Phi [NY Alpha Chapter] and I love being in a sorority.